Monday, April 20, 2009

Lego Mania...



I Love me some legos. My Brother and I used to (still dig out the pillow case full, lay on the floor and play-sometimes :) lol) play with our lego for hours pon hours and even get the lil army men (came in like a 100 pack) and cars.. (aresol and fire on occassion...LMAO). Lots and Lots of Fun!!
Anyways.. I'm getting off topic, I've seen some amazingly realilistic LEGO sculptures throughout the years and I still can't figure... how do these people do it.. Amazing work, I must admit! Like this one...


STOCKHOLM - This year’s Easter was a special one for the Oensta Gryta Church in Sweden: they unveiled a life-sized Lego statue of Jesus!
The 5.8 foot high statue was unveiled at the beginning of Sunday mass yesterday at the church. Made up of 30,000 Lego pieces donated by churchgoers, the statue was constructed by 40 volunteers over the past year and a half. The completion date was designed to coincide with the holiday Easter.
It is modeled on Danish sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen’s 19th century work Christus, which depicts the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Pastor Per Wilder said, “All those I spoke with were full of praise, saying how fantastic the model looks and how much good work we put into this.” The statue will remain permanently at the church and there are no plans to sell it to raise funds.
I think this is a great piece of art work and an exceptional way to honor Jesus. There's no right or wrong way to make art and this is a great example. Some may disagree but What's wrong with LEGOs? ...Nothing, I Love it and Love Lego!
What do you think...? Do you think is a proper way to honor Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment